I was shocked this morning to read that Kathy of Carriage House Samplings will no longer be designing and as of the end of the year her charts will no longer be available. Kathy's Black Willow Farm was the first chart for linen I ever purchased and I have completely fallen in love with her designs. I have slowly been collecting her charts, but I still have a long list on my wish list I want to still purchase. Perhaps I can make a few more purchases as the year goes on. Even though I am really sad and disappointed, I wish Kathy luck on her future endeavours.
Now why am I a slacker, well I have been meaning to post for the last week and a half and just couldn't get my act together. I have been stitching as much as time would permit, but I have been spending most of my time getting my house in order and my garden tidied up ready for Easter. With the new pergola going up, the garden was left in a mess, with the grass trampled and leaves and dirt everywhere. I purchased my DH a pressure cleaner on the weekend and he has been cleaning all my paving. I never realised how dirty the pavers were until they were cleaned, it's a job we really should have done a long time ago.
Here is my progress on my current WIP's. First of all is Rites of Spring by Blackbird Designs and as you can see I am don't have too much more to go, I figure perhaps two weeks and it will be done.
Next up is The Mystery Bonus Sampler Part 1 by Blackbird Designs. I am really enjoying stitching this one and can't wait for the next part.
Finally, here is Hannah Lancaster by The Porcupine Collection. Although I spend a lot of time stitching on her, there never seems to be much progress. I have really fallen in love with stitching samplers and can see many more in the future.
Now here is another reason that I have been such a slacker. Both Margaret and Lynn gave me awards, but I haven't acknowledged them on my blog. Sorry Margaret and Lynn, I do appreciate being nominated, so here it is.
Now for ten things you may not know about me.
- I am obsessed with organisation. I love to make lists, have all my things sorted. I can't stand when a set has something missing and will spend hours searching until it is found.
- I have a passion for cooking. When I renovated the kitchen, I spent way more than I should have and installed the best appliances that I could afford and had a cabinet built especially for my collection of cook books and cooking magazines. I have enough dinner plates and cutlery to feed a small army.
- My favourite part of the day is after the children have gone to bed and I can sit and sew in peace in front of the TV. I am usually in a very bad mood if I don't get to do this.
- I hate the hot weather or even warm weather for that matter. I would prefer to have very cold weather all year round.
- I love growing phalaenopsis orchids and have three beautiful specimens. I hope to add to my collection over time, but these are another expensive hobby.
- I hate shopping, except stash shopping. I hate clothes shopping so much, I haven't updated or renewed my wardrobe for over five years. I pick up only what I desperately need and that's all. Although this year I think my hand has been forced, with many of my clothes looking very daggy and falling apart.
- I have a break in my collarbone which I discovered one day and have no idea how I did it.
- I am scared of seaweed, so I don't go swimming in the sea or where I can't see the bottom. I was particularly frightened when I went snorkeling with my DH.
- When I was young, I was a very good short distance runner, but never pursued this particular talent.
- I can play the piano, although I don't have one and haven't touched one for a very long time.
I know that I am supposed to pass this award on, but this time I am just going to have to pass on it, I know I'm a slacker!