Sunday, 2 March 2014

A Meeting With Friends

I had been putting off this post for a while because I thought Tanya may want to show it first, but sorry Tanya, my excitement has got the better of me.

Back in January the very talented Tanya of The Scarlett House fame came to Sydney on her way home from her holiday. My good friend Sandra organised for us to meet her for those short few hours at Sydney airport. Sandra's very kind husband drove us the long drive and patiently waited for us while we met up.



What a wonderful time we had meeting Tanya, and her friends and family. It all felt way too short and we all had so much to share. I made a small gift for Tanya so that she could remember our meeting.


Tanya very kindly gave me two of her wonderful charts, Mary Ann Louisa Boston and Jane Hopkins 1801. What a lovely surprise! Thank you Tanya for allowing us the opportunity to visit with you and thank you Sandra for organising this visit.



Design: Motifs from The 1886 Emma Morris Sampler
Designer: Handwork Samplers
Fabric: 36ct Edinburgh linen - Ecru
Thread: DMC
Finish: Pillow

10 comments:

Margaret said...

I heard about your lovely visit. So exciting that you got to meet Tanya -- and what a lovely gift you made for her too! Love the pic of the three of you -- what fun!

samplerlover said...

It was a wonderful day wasn't it :). Thank you for sharing it with me. Thank you also to my wonderful husband for driving us to the airport and waiting so patiently for us to finish. Still love your gift. It was really lovely.

Melissa said...

How wonderful that you & Sandra were able to meet up with Tanya! I love the gift you stitched!

Peggy Lee said...

I am always excited to meet up with friends who share my love for the needle and floss. So glad you had the opportunity to visit and what a sweet and understanding husband you have!

Brigitte said...

OH wow, it must have been so exciting to meet Tanya. I'm sure there was a lot of chatting and laughing going on. I love the little gift you made for her, a wonderful memory of your getting together.

Giovanna said...

Beautiful gifts, and glad you had such a good time.

Chris said...

How wonderful!!!

Mylene said...

Sounds like a great meet-up and lovely gift you made for Tanya!

Carol said...

Such a great time you must have had, Suzanne!! The gift you made for her is wonderful--I'm sure she will treasure it :)

Andrea said...

How wonderful!! You must of been so excited.